If any issues appear, please perform the following checks before calling your Team Leader or Service Desk:
- Have you power cycled your device?
- Did you sign into the VPN?
- Received a message from your Team Leader that your tools may be down.
Please note that some devices may be locked down and unable to run certain commands or options.
Get your Public (Home Router) IP address on any device
- Type https://whatismyipaddress.com/ into the web browser address field.
- Supply Tech Support with IPv4 information.
- Get to the Terminal and running commands.
- Press and hold the Command key and press the space bar.
- Type "Terminal" in the Spotlight Search field.
- Type any of the following commands when requested.
- hostname (gets the Computer name).
- ifconfig (list information of your network connection).
- traceroute (list information on network travel).
- ping (check to see if site/address is alive). Press and hold the Ctrl key and press the C to break to stop.
- Get VPN IP address.
- Click the Cisco AnyConnect icon in the Task bar.
- Click the Show Statistics Windows option.
- Supply Tech Support with required information.
- They may ask to export this information.
- Click the VPN button (Lock icon).
- Click the Export Stats… button.
- Save the .txt file and send to the required person.