- Sign in to Windows using your PCI credentials.
- Open the Google Chrome browser.
- In the Google Chrome address bar, type: zoom.us.
- Press Enter.
- Click the Host A Meeting dropdown.
- Select one of the three presented options.
- Enter your Zoom email address and password.
- Click Sign In.
- If Zoom has not been used on your computer previously, Chrome will automatically download and prompt you to install the Zoom client. Click the Zoom.exe file to install the Zoom client.
- If Zoom has been used on your computer before, select Open Zoom when prompted.
- Select Join with Computer Audio.
- Click the Mute Microphone button in the lower-left corner.
- Plan to join your Zoom meetings a bit early. If the host has not started the meeting, users are placed in a “waiting room.”
- Double-check that you are entering the correct meeting code, as codes may change each day.
The meeting is now live, feel free to provide the meeting invitation URL to invite participants.
Another option is to click on the Invite Others button to send out email invitations.
Mouse over the meeting window to reveal other options at the bottom including toggling video and audio, managing participants, accessing chat, and more.
Launch a Meeting
Once Zoom is installed on your computer, meetings can be launched without the use of Chrome.
- After signing into windows, type “zoom” into the search bar.
- Click Start Zoom.
- Click Sign In.
- Enter your Zoom email address and password, or Sign in with Google.
- On the Zoom dashboard, click Schedule.
- Select your desired meeting settings.
Due to security reasons, please ensure all meetings are set up with these following settings:
- Always require a meeting password.
- Don’t use a “Personal Meeting ID.”
- Enable Waiting Room
- Allow only authenticated Zoom users to join.
Make note that we are making use of two versions of the Zoom software.
- Full Functionality
- Basic Plan
The Full Functionality version will be shared between trainers who are hosting classes.