If you are unable to connect to the Internet, please select the type of connection you are trying to use and follow the steps to resolve the issue.
If you are unable to connect to the internet, and you are using a wired connection, follow these steps to resolve the problem:
- Find the ethernet port on the PC and look for one to two small lights.
- Unplug the ethernet cables from both the PC and the wall port or router and plug them back in. Listen for a click to confirm that the cable is seated completely.
- Replace the ethernet cable from the wall port to the PC with a new cable.
If the above steps have not resolved the issue, please contact your Team Leader for further assistance.
If you are not able to connect to your wireless internet (WiFi) connection, please follow these steps:
- Open a web browser and navigate to Google to see if there is any sort of internet available. (You should see the Google search page)
- In the bottom right corner, verify that you are connected to an appropriate WiFi connection.
- Click on the Wifi icon in the bottom right.
- In the list of available connections, verify that you are connected to the appropriate network and that it says Connected, secured. (This would be the corporate wifi when on-site and your home network when at home.)
- Disable and re-enable your WiFi adapter.
- In the bottom right corner, click on the notification box.
- In the group of boxes that appear at the bottom of the popup window, click on the internet button to turn the PCs internet adapter off and then click on it again to turn the internet adapter back on.
If these steps do not resolve the problem, please contact your Team Leader to help with this issue.