As a Telecommuting/Remote Work agent, your main form of communication will be through Google Hangouts. You are expected to get familiar with the program and understand so you can participate in daily check-ins and coachings via conference call when needed.
All history of communications will be saved by Google Hangouts and can be used for employee review if necessary.
Set Up Hangouts
- Go to Google Hangout’s main page. https://hangouts.google.com/
- Log in using your 24-7 Intouch credentials. You’ll see options for contacting your peers, TL and OMs.
- Use the tabs on the left side of the screen to swap between Conversations and Phone Calls.
- At the top of any list, click New conversation.
- Enter someone’s 24-7 InTouch’s email address to start chatting with them.
- Use the text field at the bottom to send a message.
Join a Google Hangouts Meet Call
- In most instances your calls will be scheduled, where you can join directly from the Google Hangouts link directly in your calendar.
- Head to your Google Calendar’s homepage, where you will see all of your events for the day. By clicking on an event you will be able to see the details of the meeting and join by clicking on Join Hangouts Meet.
- Once in a Hangout, you’ll see whoever is speaking in the center of your screen. If you prefer, you can click someone’s thumbnail in the bottom-right to always show them. Click the Message icon in the bottom-left corner to send an instant message to all call members.
- You can click the Microphone icon to mute and unmute your mic.
- When you’re done with the call, just click the red Hang up button to leave.
Share Your Screen on a Google Hangouts Call
- In a Hangout call, in the lower-right corner of the page click Present now -> Entire Screen -> Share.
- To send a message to those on the call, select the comment button on the upper-right corner of the Hangout page where you can send your message as you would on a regular hangout chat.