To join a zoom meeting, follow these steps:
- Sign in to a workstation using your PCI credentials.
- Open the Google Chrome browser.
- In the Google Chrome address bar, type zoom.us.
- Press Enter.
- Select Join A Meeting.
- Enter the 9-digit Meeting ID.
- Click Join.
- If Zoom has not been used on your computer previously, Chrome will automatically download and prompt you to install the Zoom client. Click the Zoom.exe file to install the Zoom client.
- If Zoom has been used on your computer before, select Open Zoom when prompted.
- If prompted, click Sign In to sign in with your Zoom email and password.
- Select Join with Computer Audio.
- Select the Mute Microphone button in the lower-left corner.
- Plan to join your Zoom meetings a bit early. If the host has not started the meeting, users are placed in a “waiting room.”
- Double-check that you are entering the correct meeting code, as codes will change each day.
Basic Zoom Features
Access the chat by clicking on Chat in the meeting controls at the bottom of your screen. The Chat window will then open.
Note: Participants may not see options based on the meeting parameters set by the trainer.
Users can send a message to everyone, the host, or select individuals if allowed. This is a great place to ask questions or add to the topic being discussed.
Breakout rooms will be used by the trainer to allow for small group work and discussions.
Breakout rooms may be set to automatically route users, or users may have to manually click Join on an invite.
If help is needed from the trainer while in a breakout room, click on Ask for Help and then Invite Host.
This will send a message to the trainer.
Users can leave a breakout room and return to the main group by clicking on Leave Breakout Room.
When the trainer ends the breakout room sessions, users will receive a notice that they will be rejoining the main group in 60 seconds.
The trainer may create polls throughout the training. When the trainer launches the poll, it will show up onscreen as a pop-up to answer.
The trainer will let users know how much time is remaining to answer the question(s).
Non-Verbal Feedback Icons
These icons are listed under the Participant tab in the Meeting Controls. Use them as directed by the trainer.